Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pheasant hunting or bounding time.

My husband left yesterday to go to South Dakota pheasant hunting. I have to say that when he does go pheasant hunting he actually brings home the bird, unlike when he goes ice fishing and brings home no fish. But that is ok, I really do not enjoy picking buck shot out of a bird, or scaling a fish. Now, my husband knows that, so when he comes home all is cleaned and ready to be cooked.

I am well aware that while they enjoy bringing home birds, I also know that it is much more than that. It is the time he spends with his guy friends that is the best part about his trip.

This past year one of the hunting buddies passed away from cancer. He wanted to go with the gang last year so bad, but was not able to. The guys were determined that no matter what this year they were going to make sure he went. But God had different plans.

The guys now realize that you never know what might happen. You cannot take life for granted. Life is short and you need to take each moment you can to enjoy and engage in the opportunities you have in front of you.

We will eat pheasant for Christmas and remember Bubbie, along with the reason for Christmas. to wake up each morning and think that I was given the gift to see another day.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment